- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless salmon fillet
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened plain almondmilk
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup frozen green peas (no need to thaw them)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Chopped fresh basil or cilantro, for garnish
Cut salmon into 4 equal pieces and sprinkle all over with curry powder.
Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Place salmon in the skillet and cook, turning once, until browned and almost cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil.
Combine almondmilk, garbanzo beans, green peas, garlic and salt in the skillet and set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Once liquid is simmering, use a large fork or potato masher to coarsely mash garbanzo beans and peas. Cook until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Scoop onto a platter, top with salmon and sprinkle with basil.
Visit the Forte.Fitness blog to learn healthy eating patterns, meal ideas, and proper form and technique on exercise.