- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 (1.4-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup beer
- 12 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño pepper slices, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese or mozzarella
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook, until just browned and no longer pink, stirring to crumble turkey into pieces. Add taco seasoning and stir to coat turkey with spices. Add beer and reduce the heat to simmer until the liquid has been mostly absorbed; remove from heat and set aside to cool briefly.
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and scatter tortilla chips in an even layer. Combine tomatoes, green onions and jalapeños in a small bowl. Using a spoon, top chips with turkey, beans and the tomato mixture. Top with cheese and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is melted. Top with cilantro and serve immediately.