- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 4 cups unsweetened vanilla almondmilk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped slivered almonds
Place dates in a bowl and pour 1/2 cup boiling water over them. Let soak 15 minutes, then transfer dates and water to a blender and puree until smooth to make a date syrup. Meanwhile, bring rice and almondmilk to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until rice is cooked and has absorbed most of the almondmilk, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes.
Stir date syrup, raisins, vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon and almonds into rice and serve warm.