- 6 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped basil, divided
- 1/2 pound whole wheat fusilli
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange tomatoes on a large parchment-lined sheet tray, cut-sides up. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter 2 tablespoons Parmesan and 2 tablespoons basil evenly over top. Roast until juicy and bubbling, about 20 minutes; set aside.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add fusilli and cook until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add zucchini, lemon juice, remaining 6 tablespoons Parmesan and 2 tablespoons basil. Toss to combine. Divide pasta among four plates, top with tomatoes and serve.