- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 2 whole grain pita pockets
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
In a small bowl, mash avocado with vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth.
Cut pita pockets in half. Stuff pita pockets with lettuce leaves and basil. Evenly divide avocado mixture between pita pockets, spreading it on the lettuce leaves. Add 2 tomato slices to each pocket.
Per Serving: Serving size: 1/2 stuffed pita, 180 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 25g carbohydrates, (7gdietary fiber, 2g sugar), 5g protein.