- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Soak sundried tomatoes in hot water to cover for 15 minutes to soften them, then drain and chop. Bring 1/2 cup water to a simmer in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add chopped sundried tomatoes, broth, wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
Arrange broccoli on top of quinoa, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from heat and toss gently to combine. Serve garnished with cashews and green onions.